All aspects of Dai Missions Ministries are overseen by the Dai Council, our ministry’s equivalent of a board of twelve directors (sometimes referred to as the “Board of Elders” in Dai Missions parlance). Each member oversees a different aspect of Dai Missions Ministries’ day-to-day operations and long-term goals.
Terms of office last an entire Gregorian year (January to December).
For the 2020 fiscal year, the Dai Council consists of the following members:
- President / Executive Elder: Benjamin F. Terry, III, MAcc (“The Colonel”)
- Secretary / Webmaster: Jerod C. Batte
- Treasurer: open position available
- Engineer: open position available
- Fundraiser: open position available
- Housing Assistance: open position available
- Kashrut: open position available
- Union Elders
- Sergeant of Arms: open position available
- Utility Elder: open position available
Supporting our Council of Elders is our team of Deacons, assistants, and administrators.
Important documents relating to the governance of Dai Mission Ministries may be downloaded here in PDF format.
- Dai Mission Ministries Council Elder Duties: [HTML] [PDF]
This document outlines the specific duties of each council elder.
- Official Bylaws for Dai Mission Ministries: [PDF]
Drafted in 2016 and officially in December 2018, these Bylaws govern the day-to-day operations of Dai Mission Ministries.
- 501(c)3 Approval Letter: [PDF]
This is the approval letter sent by the IRS for Dai Mission Ministry’s 501(c)3 non-profit status.
- 501(c)3 Application: [PDF]
This was the official IRS application for 501(c)3 non-profit status that has been filed by Dai Mission Ministries.
- Dai Mission Ministries Conflict of Interest Policy: [PDF]
The conflict of interest policy is designed to protect the ministry’s interest when it enters into arrangements that might benefit the private interest of an officer of the ministry or might result in a possible excess benefit transaction.
- Dai Council Orders of Decree: [HTML] [PDF]
This document — which once served as the original governing document for the Dai people — contains a basic code of conduct for Dai Mission Ministries members and serves as a set of ordinances for the planned Community of Goshen.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Minutes for the following Board of Elders meetings are available in PDF format.